So it will be a win-win situation for all. It will be good for the environment as the waste going to landfills will be reduced drastically. It will be good for the industry as it will get recyclable paper/plastic for use as raw material and reduce their input costs. It will be good for the housekeeping staff as it will generate income from the sale of recyclable material which can be used for their welfare. The only thing required is a little effort from our side. So lets join hands to make this a reality.
So if you live in an apartment complex and want to implement this there, get in touch with me. If you know anyone who is willing to take this up, get me contacted to that person. And if you want to be a part of this project but don’t live in an apartment, there is still a lot you can do, so get in touch with me. You can call me at +91-9916532966 or ping me online .
Current Status – Step 1 and 2 have been done in many (8+) apartments and all steps (till step 7) in around 5-6 apartments. Kudos to all those… Read the rest
UnderApplauded… Is that even a word? Even if it is not, I have coined it now, and its suits perfectly for someone who is also known as “The Wall”, Rahul Dravid!! Now let me explain why I say so… BECAUSE —
- He is the player who has faced ball after ball over the last 14 years with levels of concentration not many can match. You need to see him sweat during a match to understand his concentration levels. Right in the beginning of his career, he batted 541 minutes in the first innings of this match and followed it with another knock in second innings while the rest struggled to put bat to ball.
- He is the player who have been criticized by viewers and critics everytime he has got out cheaply but he has never used his mouth to answer them. Neither does he need to, as his bat is enough. Not many people have hit centuries in both innings of a test match, and he has done it twice. (vs Pakistan and New Zealand ) Only Gavaskar has done it thrice.
- He is the player who has stood alone on bouncing tracks alone while all his distinguished mates have struggled and… Read the rest
This is my third post on my “No Waste” initiative. Do read “ What happens to our waste? ” if you have not already done so. In this post, I will list out the eco-friendly ways we can dispose off our waste so that all the harmful effects can be minimized. They are very easy to implement, and can generate revenue and employment for people too!! Some of the most important things to know about waste management are -
1. Segregation at source – Segregation at source means separating our waste into dry, wet and toxic waste at the source. Which would mean keeping the dry waste (paper, plastic, glass) separate from the wet waste (leftover food, fruit peels, other kitchen waste) and toxic waste (medical waste, e-waste). When we separate our waste and store it separately, it becomes very easy for the next step to kick in. Dry waste can be recycled and reused, Wet waste can be turned into compost and all toxic waste can be disposed off safely. When all these are mixed, neither recycling nor composting can happen and we end up polluting our atmosphere, soil and ground water.
2. Recycling of Dry Waste – Dry waste (paper, plastic, glass)… Read the rest
We blame her for being emotional, And we make fun when she cry! But we forget she is the reason, Most times our face is lit up by a smile!!
We have never given her , The place in society she deserved! Yet she makes sure that everyone, Feels taken care of and loved!!
We often blame her, When she gets mad for small things! It’s only due to her knack for perfection , That many a men have prospered like they have wings!!
We say we don’t like it, When she disrupts our game of soccer! But lets be honest and acknowledge, We love it when she growls in anger!!
We want her to love us, Like we are Salman Khan! While Salman has six packs to show, Our belly resembles the sand dunes of Rajasthan!!
We often wonder, Can’t she ever be quiet? But to hear her voice when away, We can keep everything aside!!
She is like the sudden rain, Will make you wet, but with a tinge of warmth!! We can say how much she loves us, But can never really understand… Read the rest
We live in a developing country,
With a heavy cultural and religious bend!
Let us look at what we leave behind,
When we confidently go with the trend!!
Our economy is growing leaps and bounds,
The world watched amazed during the recession!
That growth generates a huge amount of waste,
Which when dumped looks like a big ocean!!
Our world today is driven by consumerism,
And every thing we use is disposable!
Our environment was never meant to cope with,
All the garbage that we leave on the table!!
We celebrate our festivals with grandeur,
But most have been taken over by hooliganism!!
We pollute air, water and land alike,
In this environment, can religion really blossom?
Most of the garbage end up in landfills,
Where huge amounts of greenhouse gases are released!
We do not understand the gravity of the problem,
And need to act before our planet is termed as deceased!!
We have already had a few… Read the rest